Cumming City HallThe recently erected Cumming City Hall & Clock Tower has become the face of downtown Cumming. It's architecture is a modernized style reminiscent of the classic look and feel of old town Cumming. Inside, the walls tell the story of Cumming's past and present administration including a large collage of antique photographs. The City Hall hosts the City Council Chambers and administrative offices of several city departments.Read More
The Cumming FairgroundsThe Cumming Fairgrounds hosts a large spectrum of events from antique car shows to the annual Cumming Country Fair & Festival. Inside, you will find a variety of attractions and facilities including a quarter midget race track and a large, covered pavilion tailored to host events such as concerts, rodeos or large gatherings. Visit the official website for a calendar of events, booking, or any additional information. Visit Site
Lake Sidney LanierEscape to Cumming's #1 tourist attraction, Lake Sidney Lanier, located just 40 minutes north of Atlanta off GA 400. Mary Alice Park is the ideal place for boating, water sports, fishing and family fun! Read More
Aquatic Center & Water ParkCumming's latest attraction is the Aquatic Center & Water Park. Inside you will find olympic swimming pools for training and competition. During the Spring and Summer we open the outdoor water park, suitable for kids of all ages! Classes such as swimming lessons, CPR and more are available year-round. For scheduled events and additional information visit the official Aquatic Center website. Visit Site
Veterans War MemorialOur Veteran's War Memorial stands as a monument to honor the soldiers of Forsyth County who served their country when duty called. Join us on these grounds for our annual Memorial Day Ceremonies. Read More
4th of July ParadeCumming's longest standing tradition is the annual 4th of July Steam Engine Parade. This unique event draws a record number of participants, enthusiast and onlookers to celebrate our country's independence. Families, state-wide, find this to be the most thrilling event the city hosts! The colorful fanfare, food, and handfuls of candies fuel the excitement of the masses. The festivities begin mid-morning and end with a fireworks display at dusk.Read More
The Cumming PlayhouseThe playhouse hosts a variety of wholesome entertainment from plays to concerts and more. A fantastic night out for the family, with friends, or even school or church groups. Visit the official Cumming playhouse website to see this year's line-up of scheduled events, book your tickets online, or speak with a playhouse representative.Visit Site
The Brannon Heard HouseCumming's newly-restored, historical landmark is now open and available to host your next private event. Let us host your wedding receptions, holiday parties, or other upcoming celebrations! Visit our official page for pricing and availability. Visit Site
- We will now be issuing employee permits Monday through Friday from 830 to 430. Please be aware that we only have one employee who is capable of performing background checks and lunch is generally taken from 1130 to 1230. Additionally, the fee has been raised by the City of Cumming to $40.00. Our ordinance requires you to be in possession of your social security card and a Georgia driver’s license in order to obtain an employee permit. No exceptions can be made at it is explicitly required. Planning and Zoning is located on the bottom floor of the City of Cumming City Hall which is located at 100 Main Street Cumming, GA, 30040. If you wish to fill out your application before coming into the office, here is a copy of the CH CONSENT
City Changes Trash Pickup Service Provider; Recycling Available May 1st
Following a recent vote by City Council, the City of Cumming has changed its trash pickup/recycling service provider to Red Oak Sanitation for residents living within the Cumming City Limits. This move will save the City about $160,000/year at no additional cost to the customer.
Customers will be receiving their new 95-gallon trash carts from Red Oak throughout the week of March 26th, and Red Oak will begin trash pickup services the week of April 1st. Along with their new carts, customers will also be receiving a letter from Red Oak this week with more information about the change-over. Click here to read the letter from Red Oak.
Customers interested in adding recycling services, must contact Red Oak’s offices to set up this service, which will be provided at no additional cost. Recycling service will begin the week of May 1st.
Please note, that your pickup day may change with Red Oak. Please click here to view a list of the pickup days for subdivisions and streets within the Cumming City Limits.
City Council Adopts Noise Ordinance
In January 2018, City Council approved a new noise ordinance for the City of Cumming.
The ordinance covers mechanical sound-making devices, human-produced sounds, commercial advertising, and party noises. These noises are strictly limited between the hours of 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. Sunday through Thursday, and 12 a.m. (midnight) through 7 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Noises from landscape maintenance motorized devices such as leaf blowers, lawn mowers and chain saws, are prohibited between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. seven days a week.
Construction noises are prohibited between the hours of 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. seven days a week. However, a variance for construction noise may be requested, in writing, at least 48 hours prior to the proposed construction operation, for consideration by the Director of Planning & Zoning.
Exceptions to the ordinance include:
- Sounds caused by manufacturing, governmental or commercial entities in the normal course of their business.
- Noises from any official University of North Georgia event on UNG property or any Forsyth County School District property.
- Noises created by special events sanctioned by the City of Cumming (such as the July 4th Steam Engine Parade and events at the Cumming Fairgrounds).
- Volumes of radio or other sound-making device or instrument within a motor vehicle on a street or highway.
- Sounds made by law enforcement or other public safety personnel in performance of their duties.
The Cumming Police Department will handle all noise ordinance complaints.
Click here to read the ordinance in its entirety.