- No person shall conduct any land-disturbing activity within the jurisdiction boundaries of the City of Cumming without first obtaining a permit from the City of Cumming Planning and Zoning Department to perform such activity.
- Whenever feasible, natural vegetation shall be retained, protected and supplemented.
- Cut-fill operations must be kept to a minimum.
- Disturbed soil shall be stabilized as quickly as practicable
- Temporary vegetation or mulching shall be employed to protect exposed critical areas during development.
- Permanent vegetation and structural erosion control measures shall be installed as soon as practicable.
- Erosion control must be installed and maintained until final stabilization.
- Storm water storage shall retain at a minimum a 2,10,25,50 and 100 year, 24-hour storm without any increase in run-off.
- Inspectors may visit job site at any time to inspect erosion control and construction entrances to verify compliance.
Information on Erosion Control
Planning & Zoning Contacts
Chief Building Official